Wednesday 1 October 2008

Whatever happened to....


When I started this blog a couple of years ago Second Life was much talked about in the blogosphere.

Hardly a day went by without me visiting a blog that had a post about it.

Mentions of the virtual world hit really a peak with the launch of Joseph Jaffe's agency Crayon.

Not long after both Sixty Minutes and the ABC's Four Corners produced stories on Second Life.

Then it disappeared.

Or did it?

I'm pretty sure it's still thriving, but it's very rare to see it mentioned in the media these days.

In fact I can't remember the last time I read the words Second Life.

Which makes me kinda happy to be honest as I was well and truly over the hype.

I suspect that many hardcore Second Lifers were sick of the hype too.

And that they're now happily going about their virtual business in peace.