Sunday 26 April 2009

Must see advertising


Big thank you to Kirsty for alerting me to this thought provoking idea by one of my old employers - JWT Melbourne.

It's for the Australian Childhood Foundation as part of their ongoing Stop child abuse now campaign.

The childsize manequins were eventually removed from underneath the posters to reveal the payoff to the headline.


Much as I love this idea I do have one minor quibble. Where's the call to action?

A piece as powerful as this is sure to provoke a response. Yet the call to action is tucked neatly away in the corner of the poster. Making it almost as invisible as the child.

I know award juries don't care about this sort of detail. But I do. Especially where abused children are concerned.

Still a damn good idea though.

Labels: , , ,