Friday 21 October 2011

Art works doesn't


As I've written on this blog many times before I am not a fan of crowd sourced creativity.

Most of the time people put in a lot of work for no reward.

And generally those who do get rewarded are not exactly paid a great deal.

So you can imagine how annoyed I was when I heard about the President of America calling for idea submissions for a poster.

Surely the US govt can spare a few grand to commission and pay a bloody designer?

Of course I'm probably a lone voice on this. As I suspect there will be no shortage of poster ideas submitted.

All of them done for free.

Worst of all (in my eyes anyway) all ideas submitted are the property of Obama for America.

So after working for free with no guarantees you then have to sign over your IP to the US govt.

Maybe it's time us creative folk got ourselves a union. Don't you think?

Of course if you disagree and want to enter the competition click here for details.