Friday 9 November 2012

Content worth sharing

Unruly has just released a white paper looking at the automotive market and social video.

One of the key statistics in the paper is the disparity between auto makers when it comes to the production of quality content that's worth sharing.

And when it comes to online video everyone knows that sharing is the name of the game.

Unsurprisingly Volkswagen came out on top by a significant margin.

I think pretty much everyone I know has seen the VW Darth Vader spot but I have to say I was shocked to see VW accounts for a quarter of all automotive video shares.

What really took me by surprise though is that Ford produce almost four times as much online video as VW and yet they don't even make an appearance in the chart above.

Which I guess proves what I have always believed - that quality beats quantity.